My New Year's Resolution is to Write Poems and...

I love this time of year. Anything is possible and perhaps, even probable. There are all the poems in the world to write, and all the poems on the computer to send out to journals. This season of beginning fills me with optimism. And so, after an epidemic, a new book, and some epic times of wonder, I'm here again. Over the past few years, I've tried to balance more poetry writing with more poetry community.I know I need a vibrant and diverse group of poets around me. 

The classes I teach and the Poets on the Coast retreat I run are both for the poets that come to the events, but they also feed me. Something unexplicible happens when we write in community---as if the air we breathe is filled with even more poetry than usual. Somehow as a group, we are more than a sum of our parts. Or maybe it's something even simpler, when we share a safe and creative space, the poems come in new shapes and forms. We surprise ourselves. Register for Poets on the Coast now to reserve your place. Come write with us!

Comments