A New Poem from Sweet: A Literary Confection


I'm very thankful to have a new poem "Not Monet's Giverny" up at Sweet: A Literary Confection. Some poems cost us more than the sum of their parts. We needed to live through the experience in order to make art of it in some future decade.

I've no idea if this is a "good" poem or not. I've no ability to see it clearly, not yet. But I do know that the experience that the poem grew out of, twenty-nine years ago is just as vivid to me as what I see out the window right now. Twenty-nine years is a long time and no time at all. But you knew this already.

A huge thanks go to Katherine Reigel, editor of Sweet: A Literary Confection. Happy, too, to be in the same issue with Brenda Miller and Lee Gulyas.


Comments

  1. Nice poem! Some poems do take a long time, don't they. This one is worth the wait, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this comment; it did take a very long time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment