|Two more days, two more days!|
There are two more days for you to win free poetry books in the Big Poetry Giveaway. Over 50 bloggers from Canada to South Africa, New Zealand to the USA are waiting to share there favorite poetry books with you.
Here are some things you should know:
1. You do not have to leave your email to play; just leave your name and sign in as "anonymous." Then just check back to the blog during the first week of May to see if you've been chosen.
2. No one will put you on an email list or try to sell you a thing. The bloggers are acting out of generosity; wanting to share their love of poetry with you. Just look at the 110+ books on offer.
3. You can live anywhere in the world. Bloggers will post the winning book anywhere in the world at no cost to the winner. I'm excited to have an entry from Italy, for example.
4. The book selection is vast and wide. For example, Katharine Whitcomb is offering Nicky Finney's Head Off & Split, winner of the National Book Award right here along with her superb chapbook, Lamp of Letters.
5. In 99% of the cases, these are brand new! Need a present for your mom for Mother's Day? Is there a writer in your world that you would like to support? Here is your chance.
I'll be honest and say that it's been fun and frustrating running this giveaway. I thought there would be hundreds, if not thousands of people signing up for free books. Is it that no one believes you can actually get something wonderful for free? Actually, for the next two days, you can!
Check out the list to the left of this posting. You will find over a hundred poetry books to choose from. If you can't make Jeannine Hall Gailey's book launch today, you can win a copy of Unexplained Fevers right here. These two birds are most interested in Peggy Shumaker's Tucan Nest: Poems of Costa Rica which is available from Erin Hallowell, author of Pause, Traveller available right here.