Dusty Trails World Poetry Tour 7:30 Tuesday at Richard Hugo House


Dennis Maloney took a chance on my poems fourteen years ago. On December 1, 1998, I received an email letting me know that he had secured funding from the Greenwall Fund through the Academy of American Poets.

That was the same day I totalled my car. All night I tossed and turned wondering if I could feel ecstatically happy and depressed at the same time. (I could.) That email changed my life for the better.

And almost four books later -- Cloud Pharmacy will be out next year, I am still grateful for the care and beauty with which White Pine Press has produced each and every one of my books. Come meet (and hear) Dennis along with four White Pine authors.

If you are interested in becoming a White Pine author, this is your chance to meet him in person.


Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:00pm
Richard Hugo House
Seattle, WA

White Pine Press turns 40 this year, and it's hit the road to celebrate its birthday with the Dusty Trails of Poetry World Tour.

Founding editor Dennis Maloney joins White Pine authors Kelli Russell Agodon, Shin Yu Pai, Susan Rich, Andrew Schelling, and Carolyne Wright commemorating this milestone with a reading from works published by a leading nonprofit literary press of poetry, fiction, and work in translation from around the world.

The bar will be open, and books will be for sale by White Pine Press and the authors. The reading is free.

Comments