Happy Hour - Writing at the Bar



If you know me at all, you know that I am not much of a drinker.  Tonight I've nursed one fluted glass of prosecco for a few hours. Usually I write at coffeeshops, but tonight I needed something more festive. My favorite restaurant, bar, all around place to spend an afternoon or evening near my house is Fresh Bistro -- celebrating it's first year this month.

The bartender was kind enough to let me use the extra plug next to his espresso machine. I've been here three hours and had one drink, but still he is a gentleman, coming to check on me every so often. There's something about this place that makes me feel that this is my idea of heaven. Bamboo tables with soft light - the best creme brulee in the land.

I should mention that I'm not writing poems -- although why not -- but trying to finish an article due to the editor by Monday. It's comforting to smell good food, hear the hum of animated voices, and be cared for by a caring bar tender.

This all makes me think I should try writing in different venues more often. I feel comforted with the company of my lap top. My brain feels less tired, happy to be thinking somewhere new. 

Do you write in different venues? Bars? Cafes? Parks? I would love some new places to check out. And if you are in West Seattle - I can't recommend Fresh enough.




 

Comments