Opportunity ~ Call for Submissions

Extended Deadlines on Persona Poems--

Call for Submissions

Stacey Lynn Brown and Oliver de la Paz are pleased to announce a call for submissions for A Face to Meet the Faces: An Anthology of Contemporary Persona Poetry.

We are seeking poems that work within the literary tradition of persona poetry: poems written as dramatic monologues, whose speakers employ masks, or whose character and voice are different from the poet's own.

Please submit up to 5 unpublished poems. We will also consider poems whose rights have reverted back to the author.

All submissions will be accepted electronically. Please send an email to the editors at facesanthology@gmail.com with the poet's name and "Submission for Persona Anthology" as the subject line, with the poems as an attachment.

The submission deadline has been extended to February 15th. We (they!) look forward to reading your work!

This from Kelli Russell Agodon's blog, The Book of Kells

Comments

  1. Good to make connect with you, Susan! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Do let me know if/when you come to the UK - it would be great to hear you read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan,
    I have several friends in England and Ireland from my time living in the UK and from residencies. I will let you know if I come - it would probably be next fall. I'll see you on line before then, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for getting the word out on what sounds like a fab anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Martha,
    I promised when I began this blog to make it as useful to other poets and writers as possible. I love thinking of this as a 21st century poetry scrap book of sorts. Glad to be useful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment