Coming Soon to a Blog Near to You --- Or A Blog Far From You~


I started this blog in early 2009 which means that The Alchemist's Kitchen is 9 years old next month. Begun as a way to introduce my book, The Alchemist's Kitchen, into the world --- blogging became a way to face the blank screen unafraid, to communicate with the world --- and sometimes (thrillingly so) have the world respond back!

In this way, I got to keep up with friends near and far: Kelli Russell Agodon, January O'Neil, Aimee Nezhukumatathil --- the list goes on. I also helped set-up my friend Geraldine Mills -- and Irish poet, fiction writer and children's writer with her first blog. I think of blogging as the sweet spot where the lyric essay, scrapbooking, and pen pal letters all come together. A high and low culture of the internet.

On January 1st, 2018 poet bloggers around the country and (hopefully) beyond, will begin blogging with vigor, again. I know I love this long form (more in-depth than a tweet, more personal than a FB post).

Until then I wish everyone a glorious rest from the runaround that is (often) our everyday lives. I hope you are sitting somewhere with your second cup of coffee and choosing a new book that has come your way this holiday season.

And if you want to treat yourself to a poetry class (open to all) in February or become a Poet on the Coast (for women) for our 8th Annual event, you can check out the classes and workshops that Kelli Russell Agodon and I will offer in the new year.  Until Sunday!

Comments

  1. Hi Susan,

    Just found out about the Tour and have signed up. I hope to check out all those on the list before it starts.

    Looking forward to your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sean! Will look forward to reading your posts~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment