Calling for submissions: The Best Women's Travel Writing, Volume 8



It is my great pleasure to let you know about a new call for travel essays. Editor Lavinia Spalding will be editing the 2012 Best Women's Travel Writing and has put out a call for new pieces. I was thrilled to have my essay on living as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Zinder, Niger, chosen by Ms. Spalding for the 2011 Best Women's Travel Writing. This coming October on Tuesday, October 4th, I will be reading with three other contributors (and Lavinia Spalding!) at Wide World of Books and Travel in the Wallingford area of Seattle. More on this event as we get closer in, but for now you might want to start writing...

I will also be reading 2:00 pm on Sunday, October 2nd, at the new Northwest Bookfest with Kelli Russell Agodon, Elizabeth Austen and Jeanine Hall Gailey -- but that's a story for another day...

Comments