Balance: Where Can I Find Some?

Some weeks I can only hope not to fall off the rails

There are times when I wonder: where is my life? Is it lost in a fog of paper grading?

Where are the quiet moments to watch birds out the window or curl up on the couch with a good book?

Where is my writing studio and why am I never writing in it?

This week began with a speeding ticket early Monday morning and just ended with an emergency visit to the veterinarian. In-between there was an eye infection. That kind of week.

The trouble is there are too many weeks when my life is swept up by circumstance. I know that it's my choice to drive a car, to adopt stray cats, to cook dinner. But what I don't understand is why I haven't learned to commit to my life for the joyous bits as well.

Some days are better than others. If I get out even in stormy weather and walk the beach I feel better all day. Same with writing poems. Even bad poems. I need to live my life in a way that I recognize myself.

We only get one life. One. It's not a very big number. How do we make sure we get it right?

Comments

  1. I hear you and hope that next week is better than this one. Remember to take a few minutes for yourself every day and just breathe. If all else fails, there's always Starbucks. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, January; I hope so too! Love your socks photo -- I have a pair that would fit right in. Miss you.

      Delete

Post a Comment