Back to School Thoughts - Last Night of Summer


So tonight is the night. Why is it that every year the summer seems to get shorter? There is so much I still need to do --- like finish painting the deck that I began scrubbing in June. Or even more pressing, finishing my fourth poetry manuscript that should be mailed out tonight. But I digress.

This was a summer of facing my fears - and perhaps overcoming them for a moment. I taught a week long class at Anam Cara in Ireland, rode my first Farris Wheel, and suspended my fear of water enough to paddle board for an hour -- standing up (thanks, Kelli). No wonder I'm so exhausted.

Kelli Agodon and I have also recently returned from Poets on the Coast. What an amazing group of women we worked with --- and it looks like we are scheduled to do it again next year. As of November  1st we will open registration for September 6 - 8, 2013 Poets on the Coast in Nye Beach, Oregon.

In the coming weeks I will be reading at Richard Hugo House (September 29th), on the Improbable Places Poetry Tour +1 at the Alexis Hotel (October 6th) and speaking at a Hedgebrook event later in the fall. Sometimes I just want to stay in bed and read for a day or two; sometimes I feel very lucky to have such a full life.

Comments