One Day Class at Hugo House with Elizabeth Austen - or Easy in the Islands

Creativity Center for Poets, Prose Writers, and Literary Lovers

My friend Elizabeth Austen will be teaching a one day poetry writing workshop February 4th from 1:00 -5:00 pm. You can register at Hugo House by calling (206) 322-7030. It's super easy to do.
Or on line at Richard Hugo House. Every writer I know takes classes  and/or teaches here. It's a place you want to check out and a teacher who will not disappoint. She's a master.


Poems from Poems: Call and Response
“Good poems are the best teachers. Perhaps they are the only teachers,” writes Mary Oliver in A Poetry Handbook. This workshop explores ways to let others’ poems not only teach you, but lead to new poems of your own. We’ll experiment with po-jacking, sonic translations, echo translations and other ways to use one poem as a jumping off point for another. Come prepared to write and stretch your craft – participants will leave the workshop with fresh drafts of new poems.

And if Lopez Island is more to your liking (or your location) Elizabeth will be teaching this class for free at the Lopez Public Library on February 26th from 2:00-4:00 pm.

Comments

  1. Oh, I wish I could go, but I will be cheering on my daughter in a cheer competition in Palm Springs next weekend.

    I enjoyed the mini-workshop Elizabeth taught in Pt. Townsend and would love to work with her again. And I've heard so much about Richard Hugo House that I went ahead and got on their mailing list so I don't miss any more of these opportunities (like Terrance Hayes)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find a reason to come to Seattle soon, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry the HH date doesn't work for you, Angie. I just found out I'll be teaching a 2 1/2 hour version of this class as part of the next Hedgebrook Salon, on April 28.

    Thanks so much for posting, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment