On a Writing Retreat at Anam Cara - The View Outside My Window

Anam Cara, West Cork
Travel is about intention, not expectation. You throw your body in a taxi, a few airplanes, a giant bus, and a mini van. Why? To see what happens on the other side. After nearly 48 hours of travel, I'm here. I woke up to sun and mountains and sea. This morning I've explored a waterfall, a small island, and met Jack the Jack Russell. Life slows down immensely and leaves the self with the self. Now what happens? For one thing, I am hoping to find my way into new poems, a new way perhaps of approaching poetry. Every few years i find i become tired of my own voice and that's where i am today.

There's still the village of Eyeries to explore and the beach. But for now it's the silence that draws me. Silence mixed with a bit of breeze and the water against stone.

For more information on this heavenly spot you can check out Anam Cara on-line, but trust me it is nothing at all like physically sitting right here.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous view. Enjoy your time there, especially the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will find a new voice that is still uniquely yours. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay, I'm so glad that you're there and that selfishly I'll get to experience it through you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment