See you at Bus Boys and Poets (K Street) at 7:00 pm Thursday

 I am looking forward to arrival in DC - but not the flight itself! Perhaps I will get to sleep or actually sit and think. I think I will absolutel outlaw grading papers on the flight. Instead, I will put together a fun reading for:

7:00 PM, Thursday night, please join me at Bus Boys and Poets (K Street ) for the White Pine Press reading. I will read with four other White Pine Press writers, all of whom have books out this year. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends from a decade ago as well as new friends that perhaps I have yet to meet face to face.

If you can't make the reading, I will be signing books at 2:00 PM, Thursday, at the White Pine Press table. Please come by and say hello. I have a dread of twiddling my thumbs while people push by me trying to get to the book next to mine. When I read in Portland (Oregon) there were many people who looked at my book, The Alchemist's Kitchen, and were disappointed that it was not a cook book.

For all the craziness of AWP, I know that this is where my tribe meets and my tribe is not looking for a cookbook. See you there -- live or on-line.

Comments

Post a Comment