Saturday afternoon "Speaking Pictures Workshop" and Saturday night reading with Ilya Kaminsky at the Ink Spot


I've never been to San Diego, but I'm on the road there today! If you are in driving or walking distance of San Diego's center for writers, the Ink Spot, I would love to see you on Saturday (tomorrow) for an afternoon workshop on poetry and the visual arts @ 1:00 pm or at a reading with Ilya Kaminsky @ 7:00 pm. I will also be reading at San Diego State University on Monday night. Since I am brand new to Southern California, it would be great to meet you. And if not in San Diego, perhaps in Boston at the Porter Square Books in Cambridge with January O'Neil this Wednesday, November 17th or at the Miami Book Festival, Sunday the 21st. I am on my first ever "couch tour" for a book. I am both extremely excited and very nervous. Yes, at the same time.

Ilya Kaminsky reads at The Ink Spot with me, this Saturday @ 7 pm

January O'Neil reads at Porter Square Books with me this Wednesday @ 7 pm

Comments

  1. Great workshop, Susan. I loved the different responses to Monet's Waterlilies (by Lisel Mueller, Geraldine Mills, and Robert Hayden). And the Peter Pereira list poem "Magnolia Blossom" (after Imogen Cunningham) was beautiful. I'm also inspired by your collaboration with the Frye Art Museum and would love to do something similar here in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Happy to have you do a project like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment