More from Edward Pramuk - Connections Between Painting and Poetry



This is really a continuation of my last post. I wanted to share what Pramuk writes about where these images come from:

" Many of my sea paintings contain remnants of atmosphere and illumination gleaned from observing nature, although the solitary images I cast adrift in vast oceanic space have an abstract foundation. The truth is they come more from thought and memory than from nature, and seem very familiar, even intimate, to me. Dreams and reveries play a role."

                                                                                                                                       Edward Pramuk

Comments

  1. I'm sure the picture here is probibly not quite doing the cover art justice but it is none the less quite striking in an abyss of solitude.

    Congratulations on sharing a spotlight with his work! It looks like good company to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michael,

    Thanks for your comment on the SR. It is more striking on the cover -- and the entire portfolio of about 7-8 pieces inside the journal. I love seeing a literary journal that cares equally for the visual arts --- and whose eye matches mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment